The Share Fair Cali opened today with a chat show between:
- Stephen Katz, Jefe, Servicios de Gestión de Conocimiento y Biblioteca, Organización de las Naciones Unidas para la Agricultura y la Alimentación (FAO), por videoconferencia
- Ruben Echeverría, Director General, Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT), por videoconferencia
- James B. French, Director, Liderazgo Técnico y Gestión del Conocimiento, Instituto Interamericano de Cooperación para la Agricultura (IICA)
- Enrica Porcari, Directora, Programa de Nuevas Tecnologías y Gestión del Conocimiento (ICT-KM) del Grupo Consultivo para la Investigación Agrícola Internacional de (CGIAR)
- Esmeralda Solarte, Agricultora, Silvia, Colombia
- John Smith, Consultor, miembro de la comunidad KM4Dev, Portland, EEUU
This was a great example of collaboration as well as use of technology.
Key things to remember:
- The internet connection needs to support the audio/video connection. If this can't be done, an option could have been to use only audio connection.
- Test! Test! Test! We did two tests - one general test to see how the connection works, at what speed we need to connect, what we need to keep in mind as we are connected. The second test was with the participants of the actual event to show / familiarize them with the set up. One tip we had for participants from our side was to keep all the microphones muted so that we would not clog the line.
- Stay connected via other means - Simone in Cali and I in Rome were connected to each other via Skype. Originally, we had problems with the sound as we were being fed the interpretation rather than the original voice. As soon as I let Simone know, she helped correct the problem and after that it was a smooth sail.