During the meeting, she had a great icebreaker idea. She asked us to stand up (we were sitting in a formal meeting room -- around a big oval table -- the Canada Room for those who know FAO) and tell one fact about yourself that not many people know. I thought this was a great, easy icebreaker. Some people didn't have anything to say but others had some very interesting things like:
- My great grandfather ran for president of Mexico
- I was a practicing lawyer before I joined my organization
- I tried to open a restaurant and failed badly
- I am an avid supporter of Ferrari team in Formula 1
- I am trying to win the Superenalotto!
- My ancestors from Mom's side came from area which is now part of Afghanistan!
More icebreakers are available from: http://www.kstoolkit.org/Icebreakers
Have you used this method before? What has been your experience?