Once we were ready, each person starts to figure out who they are by asking only yes or no questions like:
- Am I dead?
- Am I male?
- Am I Asian?
During the debrief, we had the following feedback about the method:
- It was fun
- Helped to wake me up!
- It is hard to describe ourselves
- I am shy so it was a good challenge to make me talk to others.
- It was easy to forget the information that I had gathered and on the other hand for some it was easy to structure information they had gathered. In the latter case, they would meet new people and tell them what they already knew like "I am a man, alive and from Italy".
- In case of some people, they had to go beyond assuming known categories. For example, when the name was of a cartoon character which does not qualify as a man or a woman!
- It was easy to say "I don't know" without feeling bad about it. This might be good way to build relationships in teams.
- Use names of KS tools (like RSS, Blog, Wiki) and KS methods (Peer Assist, PIPA, etc.) instead of names of people.