- the social initiative such as intranet or shared space has to be bottom up for it to get buy-in and uptake
- the staff should be involved in design of the product from the beginning
- lot of people want something like this at the country level but they find it difficult in terms of support from management and thus resources.
- often decisions are made at the HQ/IT level – lot of push from top instead of first looking for working grassroots examples which can be scaled up.
- leadership is critical - in both encouraging and ensuring participation from staff members
- allocate resources to promote (through presentation and training) the tool
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
One UN intranet tool for 650 staff from various UN organizations. I don’t want to go into the tool itself but just share the lessons learned that were presented by the moderator at the end of the discussion of his site: