** Call for Proposals **
Second Global Knowledge Share Fair
27-29 September 2011, IFAD headquarters, Rome, Italy
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), World Food Programme (WFP), and Bioversity International in partnership with regional and international partners are jointly organizing the Second Global Knowledge share fair from 26-29 September 2011 at IFAD headquarters.
Building on the success of the First Global Knowledge Share Fair, this event will provide a forum for participants to learn and share their knowledge, experience and innovations on emerging trends relating to agriculture, food security, price volatility, climate change, changing demographics and other rural development related issues.
Like at the first event, the sessions will use a number of interactive knowledge sharing methods such as TedTalks, world café, chat shows, peer assist, fish bowls, open space.
Abstracts and Proposals
We are inviting proposals based on the following specific themes:
- new trends and thinking on coping with market access challenges and developing markets for small farmers
- innovative use of mobile technology and/or social media in the agriculture sector to enhance food security and nutrition
- the impact of migration and population growth to feed future population
- new technologies and innovative agricultural and farming practices to increase productivity
- opportunities for innovative partnerships including with private sector, farmer organizations
- environment-friendly and green innovations.
Proposal submission and deadline: Proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please write in the subject line “Abstract/Proposal”) by 1 July 2011.
For future updates about the Fair please visit: www.sharefair.net