At the UNKFair, the idea of marketplace was taken a step further. Here is how the marketplace worked:
- Selected projects get a space in the marketplace to put up their booth (1 hour).
- Each person at the event gets some fake money to invest (we got 300 UN Francs).
- Project owners get to showcase/sell their project.
- Visitors to the booth get to listen to projects and invest money.
- At the end of the marketplace session (1 hour), money collected is counted and top projects are selected for in-depth presentation.
The presentations were very animated with participants sharing their experiences. Most participants loved the way it was organized but thought more time should have been given to each project presentation. The money idea was great as it encouraged people to visit booths! ;-)